NixOS Ocean Sprint 2023
A week of intense hacking on Nix near the ocean.
- 16/10/2023 - 20/10/2023 (Mon - Fri)
- Villa with FTTH on Lanzarote, Canary Islands.
- ~30 developers.
The sprint will take place outside under pavilion tents (for sunshine protection) in a villa with a pool.
Withing a 5 minute walk you can reach:
- one of the best beaches in Lanzarote, where you can swim, jog, snorkel, SUP, surf and windsurf,
- a local supermarket that is open every day from 8AM to 10PM,
- a pharmacy and a bakery,
- 5km long beachside promenade with free outside gyms,
- a steakhouse, a burger joint and an authentic Spanish tapas tavern,
- an assortment of other various cafes, pubs and bars, restaurants, etc.
Once you are approved participant for the sprint, we'll get everyone to a shared communication room to help organize accomodation.
Note that the accomodation is not covered by the sprint budget.
See Accomodations for a list of suggestions.
We'll organize catering (breakfast and lunch) during the sprint, which is paid by the sponsors.
There are a ton of options for dinners in nearby restaurants.
To be determined once registration closes based on attendees interest.
🛬 How to get here
The best way to travel is via a plane to Lanzarote airport.
It's also possible to fly to other island airports and then take a short flight. Fuertaventura is closest being 30min away with a ferry.
From the Lanzarote airport you can take a taxi to the venue, they have a flat rate and it should be around 20-25 EUR.
Renting a car is usually quite cheap, around 100-150 eur for the week.
🥳 Stuff to do on Lanzarote
- First-class surfing location with verified instructors
- Kitesurfing and windsurfing
- Visiting the Timanfaya vulcano and eating fish grilled on lava
- Cycling and mountain biking
- Vulcano hiking
- Cave sightseeing
See Activities for the full list.
We're looking for sponsors to cover expenses such as venue, catering, T-shirt printing and some of the activities.
Please help us make this a productive event by chipping in, so we can focus on coding instead of grocery shopping and cooking.
Our target budget is 15000 EUR. Reach out to [email protected].
|Gold||4000||Company + Large logo on the T-shirt, 2 total reserved seats, shoutout during dinner, SWAG.|
|Company||1500||Individual + Logo on the T-shirt, company name on name tag + 1 reserved seat.|
|Individual||500||Logo on the website.|
- Ryan Hill
- Alejandro Sanchez Medina
- Chloe Kever
- David Hauer
- Florian Klink
- Gabriel Doriath Döhler
- Ilan Joselevich
- Jacek Galowicz
- Jean-François Roche
- Jezen Thomas
- Johannes Kirschbauer
- Jonas Chevalier
- Jörg Thalheim
- Julian Stecklina
- Julien Malka
- Laurens Duijvesteijn
- Linus Heckemann
- Marijan Petricevic
- Michael Hoang
- Michael Schneider
- Niklas Sturm
- Paul Haerle
- Ryan Lahfa (RaitoBezarius)
- Sander Melnikov
- Sergei Kozlukov
- Tom Berek
- Tom Sydney Kerckhove
- Valentin Gagarin
- Domen Kožar, long time contributor to NixOS, organizer of Zidanca Sprint
- Nejc Zupan, recently converted NixOS evangelist, organizer of Sauna Sprint
- Florian Friesdorf, long time contributor to NixOS