NixOS Ocean Sprint 2023
|What||A week of intense hacking on Nix near the ocean.|
|When||16/10/2023 - 20/10/2023 (Mon - Fri)|
|Where||Villa with FTTH on Lanzarote, Canary Islands|
The sprint will take place outside under pavilion tents (for sunshine protection) in a villa with a pool.
Withing a 5 minute walk you can reach:
- one of the best beaches in Lanzarote, where you can swim, jog, snorkel, SUP, surf and windsurf,
- a local supermarket that is open every day from 8AM to 10PM,
- a pharmacy and a bakery,
- 5km long beachside promenade with free outside gyms,
- a steakhouse, a burger joint and an authentic Spanish tapas tavern,
- an assortment of other various cafes, pubs and bars, restaurants, etc.
Once you are approved participant for the sprint, we'll get everyone to a shared communication room to help organize accomodation.
Note that the accomodation is not covered by the sprint budget.
If you are planning to come with your family and/or stay longer, Nejc Zupan has written a remote worker's guide to Lanzarote.
We'll organize catering (breakfast and lunch) during the sprint, which is paid by the sponsors.
There are a ton of options for dinners in nearby restaurants.
The deadline is 16th June, you'll be notified if you're part of the sprint a few days later.
To be determined once registration closes based on attendees interest.
The best way to travel is via a plane to Lanzarote airport.
It's also possible to fly to other island airports and then take a short flight or a ferry (Fuertaventura is closest being 30min away).
Stuff to do on Lanzarote
- First-class surfing location with verified instructors
- Kitesurfing and windsurfing
- Visiting the Timanfaya vulcano and eating fish grilled on lava
- Cycling and mountain biking
- Vulcano hiking
- Cave sightseeing
We're looking for sponsors to cover expenses such as venue, catering, T-shirt printing.
Please help us make this a productive event by chipping in, so we can focus on coding instead of grocery shopping and cooking.
Our target budget is 7000 EUR. Reach out to [email protected].
|Gold||2500||Silver + Live hiring pitch|
|Silver||1000||Bronze + Logo on the T-shirt|
|Bronze||500||Logo on the website|
cachix.org - Nix binary cache hosting
Pareto Security - Zero-trust device monitoring for remote teams
- Domen Kožar, long time contributor to NixOS, organizer of Zidanca Sprint
- Nejc Zupan, recently converted NixOS evangelist, organizer of Sauna Sprint
- Florian Friesdorf, long time contributor to NixOS